Remote job, based in Europe (EU, Western Balkans, Turkey), under a staff or consultant contract
Europe Beyond Coal (EBC) is a joint effort by over 60 non-governmental organisations aiming at a coal exit by 2030, and at a power sector that is fully powered by renewable energy by 2035 in Europe. We devote our time and resources to this independent campaign because we are committed to seeing a European energy system that protects people, nature and our global climate.
The campaign is supported by a 20-person secretariat with an office in Berlin, though most of the employees work remotely from different European locations.
The role of the Campaign Coordinator is to support the Campaign Director and campaign team with its strategic operations. This includes coordinating and overseeing internal EBC coalition strategy processes, responding to the needs of NGO partners, assisting the Campaign Director and taking the lead in organising and delivering selected campaign projects.
Skills & Experience
- Fluent in English and at least one more European language
- Strong administrative skills and excellent attention to detail
- Organised and efficient, capable of managing multiple projects with competing priorities to the highest standards in a timely manner
- Proactive self-starter requiring minimal supervision, but also works well in a team
- At least five years experience in project-management
- At least two years experience in working independently
- Good understanding of civil society organisations and the non-profit sector
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to engage and connect with broad range of people in a multi-cultural team
- Commitment to a healthy, environmentally-friendly and fair society
- Digitally savvy
- Experience with energy and climate campaigning.
Please send a short CV and a one-page cover letter in English to Emilia Ochoa (ebcjobs AT beyond-coal.eu) by end of the day on Sunday 20 March, putting ‘Campaign Coordinator’ on the subject line. Please note that due to a large number of applications, we only reply to candidates who have been short-listed for an interview.