We are seeking a Campaign and Communications Officer (Poland) to join the Europe Beyond Coal Secretariat’s communications team on a remote-working, four-days per week basis.
The successful candidate will be based in Poland and will work with EBC partner organisations in Poland and other CEE countries (and on occasion, elsewhere in Europe) to develop strategic campaign interventions that contribute to agreed national goals, and/or support the Europe Beyond Coal campaign’s wider European-level goals.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys planning, coordinating and delivering campaign and communications interventions with a network of organisations. The successful candidate will be an excellent networker, who is passionate about the transition to fossil-free societies, and should enjoy the challenge of coordinating with organisations working across a range of issues, from climate, to health to deliver interventions that engage audiences on the campaign’s key messages.
The Campaign and Communications Officer (Poland) will work closely with Europe Beyond Coal (EBC) secretariat staff and partner organisations in Poland and the CEE region, and at times, with colleagues across the EBC network. The Campaign and Communications Officer (Poland) reports to the Senior Communications Manager.
- Work closely with partners in Poland (and CEE countries) to identify campaign opportunities and deliver strategic communications interventions
- Coordinate responses to coal plant closures, government coal announcements, and developments in coal regions in transition in Poland and, on occasion, in CEE countries
- Work closely with partners in the region to develop winning campaign strategies and support their needs
- Identify and deliver engaging energy transition stories in Poland and CEE countries
- Draft press releases and pitch to media
- Support the development of op-eds, blogs and audiovisual content
- Cultivate relationships with journalists, manage media lists and monitor Europe Beyond Coal’s media coverage in Poland, and CEE countries
- Work with partners and colleagues in the EBC secretariat communications team to produce comms packs consistent with the campaign’s tone and visual identity
- Produce content for the campaign’s social media platforms and website
Skills & experience required
- Native Polish speaker with good English writing and speaking skills. Excellent written communication skills (Polish)
- At least two years experience working in communications or comparable role
- Highly organised, able to balance multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Knowledge of climate, energy, and environmental politics
- Passionate about realising a healthy, environmentally-friendly and fair society
- Strong understanding of the energy sector in Poland and its European context
- Confident working remotely with a broad range of people, sometimes from different countries, cultures and backgrounds
- Good at facilitating and supporting work of others
- Proficiency in using Google productivity tools (Docs, Slides, Calendar, etc.)
- Fluency in Ukrainian and/or Czech
- Understanding of Polish and European civil society and activist networks that focus on energy transition
- Existing relationships with European climate, energy, environment media
- Ability to edit video and photo for social media
Terms & Conditions
- Four days per week contract
- Location: Based in Poland, willing to travel to European destinations
Please send a short CV and a one-page cover letter in English to Alastair Clewer at: ebcjobs[AT]beyond-coal.eu by
23 August 2022, typing ‘Campaign and Communications Officer (Poland)’ in the subject line.
The first-round of interviews will be via video link in the week of 29 August. Preferable start date: as soon as possible. Please note that due to a large number of applications, we only reply to candidates who have been short-listed for an interview
About Europe Beyond Coal
Europe Beyond Coal (EBC) is a campaign delivered by over 60 non-governmental organisations with the aim of ending coal burning in Europe by 2030 at the latest, and seeing a fully renewable energy based European power sector by 2035. We also work to contribute to the greening of Europe’s heating sector. We devote our time and resources to this independent campaign because we are committed to seeing a European energy system that protects people, nature and our global climate.